About this course
This qualification is designed for those who wish to develop an understanding of autism and how to support individuals with autism.
This qualification aims to:
- Develop your understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism - covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
The objective of this qualification is to help you to:
- Progress within employment in a variety of sectors, and in a number of job roles where an understanding of autism and knowledge of how to support people with autism is required.
What you will learn
In order to achieve this qualification you must successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Introduction to autism
- Unit 2: Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Unit 3: Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Unit 4: Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Unit 5: Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Unit 6: Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, you may find it helpful if you have already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
- This qualification is suitable for anyone aged 19 and above.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
This qualification is internally assessed and externally quality assured. In addition to this, you will be required to produce a portfolio of evidence
It may also be useful to anyone studying qualifications in the following sectors:
- Social care
- Early years/teaching
- Voluntary work