About this course
This knowledge only qualification is designed for learners wishing to develop their understanding of the safe handling of medication in the health and social care sector.
What you will learn
In order to achieve this qualification you must successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
- Understand medication and prescriptions
- Supply, storage and disposal of medication
- Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
- Record-keeping and audit processes for medication
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, you may find it helpful if you have already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
- This qualification is suitable for anyone aged 19 and above.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
All units will be individually assessed using a range of methods which could include written assignments or tasks.
It may also be useful to anyone studying qualifications in the following sectors:
- Adult Healthcare