About this course
The purpose of this qualification is to educate individuals in spotting the signs of self-harm and suicide and helping to prevent further harm by encouraging individuals to seek help. The qualification is designed to apply a range of circumstances, including upskilling individuals with a safeguarding responsibilities in workplaces such as:
- HR professionals
- Religious leaders
- Community leaders
- Line managers
- School support staff
- Play workers
What you will learn
In order to achieve this qualification you must successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
- Introduction to suicide and self-harm awareness
- Principles of suicide and self-harm prevention
- Recognising signs of suicide and self-harm in individuals
- Support for individuals when dealing with grief after suicide
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, you may find it helpful if you have already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
- This qualification is suitable for anyone aged 19 and above.
Level 2 Certificate in Self Harm and Suicide Awareness & Prevention
All units will be individually assessed using a range of methods which could include written assignments or tasks.
It may also be useful to anyone studying qualifications in the following sectors:
- Adult Care