About this course
The purpose of this qualification is to increase your knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s mental health.
By completing the qualification, you will develop knowledge of:
- Children and young people’s mental health in context
- Mental health problems commonly associated with children and young people
- The impact of mental ill-health on children and young people
- Support available to maintain mental wellbeing in children and young people
What you will learn
In order to achieve this qualification you must successfully complete 5 mandatory units:
- Understand children an young people’s mental health in context
- Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
- Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, you may find it helpful if you have already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
- This qualification is suitable for anyone aged 19 and above.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
All units will be individually internally assessed using a range of methods which could include written assignments or tasks.
It may also be useful to anyone studying qualifications in the following sectors:
- Social care
- Voluntary work